WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
So that we can provide a service to you
We need your contact and payment details so that we can process orders on our site.
In some cases, a company is required by law to keep customer records.
With your consent, we collect customer data to send marketing updates. For example, when you sign up to receive our newsletter.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Big Bears Toy Box may collect the following information about you:
– your name, age/date of birth and gender;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your on-line browsing activities on our website
– your password(s);
– when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with us
HOW WE US YOUR DATA.
Big Bears Toy Box uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share data only to third parties who assist us in providing our service to you. In practice, this means we will share your data with courier companies so that they can deliver to you.
If required by law enforcement, we will share data of a person suspected of fraud or criminal activity.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
Access to transactional areas of the website is protected with “https” technology.
Your personal data in your account is password protected and financial information (card details, etc) is secured with SSL encryption.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We’ll only keep data as long as is required. For example, in the case of orders we may keep the data for upto 5 years to comply with legal obligations. In the event of an inactive account, for example, we will contact you after 12 months and if you do not respond or wish to continue with the account, we will delete all your data from our records.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO DATA PROTECTION
You have the right:
- To request access to your personal data held by us
- To correct that information if out of date or incorrect
- To inform us to stop using your personal data
- To withdraw your consent for your personal data to be used
You can contact the Data Protection Officer at :
Big Bears Toy Box, Unit 618, 24 – 28 St Leonards Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 3BB
Tel. 01276 423320. Any questions? Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org